The path to recovery starts with the right attorney.
Have you been injured in one of these scenarios?
Don't let an accident ruin your life!
Take the necessary steps to protect yourself, your health and your livelihood with an award winning trail lawyer.
winning trial lawyer
years of excellence
Why hire an attorney?
- Manage your medical bills, navigate conversations with insurance companies, get advice on what to expect during your injury claim.
- Access to leading medical experts and specialized professionals to assist in your defense and personal recovery.
- Seek maximum justice damages from insurance companies or other at fault parties responsible for your injuries.
You have nothing to lose, fill out this free case evaluation form and put yourself in experienced and professional hands.
How To Hire The Best Attorney For Your Personal Injury Case
How To Hire An Excellent Attorney.
How to hire a lawyer.
Hiring the right lawyer for your personal injury case is one of the most crucial steps you will take during your judicial journey. Below we have outlined 4 pieces of advice to assist you in making the best possible decision when searching for a lawyer for your case.
1. Don’t Rush + Do Your Research
It is important that you don’t just google lawyers in your area and hand over your case to the first attorney in town with the most reviews. You will want to ensure that you properly vet a few practices before deciding who is the best lawyer or firm to handle your case. Take the time to search lawyers in your area, read their reviews, and schedule free consultations.
Most firms today are happy to meet with you for free to discuss your case and see if they are a good fit. It is important that you treat this first meeting as an interview. Ask them about their areas of practice, what are their key stats for settlements as well as trail verdicts. Find more interview questions below.
Questions for an attorney you may consider hiring:
- How long have you been practicing law?
- What is your verdict and settlement history?
- How many personal injury cases have you tried?
- What other credentials, or teaching experience do they have?
- How should I move forward with the insurance company after an accident?
- How will I pay for all my medical bills?
- Who are the best personal injury lawyers in San Diego?
- How much is my case worth?
- What are your fees and costs and how are they billed?
2. Different Lawyers Practice Different Kinds of Law
Did you know that different lawyers, much like doctors have different specialties? There are many different areas of practice and you want to ensure you are approaching the best personal injury lawyer to win your case. For example, you don’t want to hire a trusts and wills lawyer if you have been in a car crash. Some lawyers believe they can handle personal injury cases but building a PI case is much more than collecting medical bills and trying to settle. You need an experienced attorney who has handled cases similar to yours and understands the type of injuries you have sustained, how to engage insurance companies and has the ability to take your case to trial if needed. Above all else, make sure you hire the most qualified lawyer for the job.
3. Beware of “Settlement Mill” Firms
Imagine how disappointing it would be to have your case settled for way less than it was worth because you put your trust in the wrong firm. This is why it is crucial for you to properly research the firms you approach. There are firms out there that take on hundreds of cases per year and settle quickly just to turn a profit, they don’t have your best interest at heart. Here are a few tips for spotting “settlement mills.”
- Beware of flashy advertising: Big billboards and TV commercials
- The firm pushes you to work with a paralegal instead of an attorney
- Quick settlement timelines
- Not interested in helping with medical care or rehabilitation
Above all else, you want to find an attorney that cares about you and is going to work diligently to represent you. When you go into an office for an interview, make sure you get to meet directly with your attorney, if they push you off on a paralegal, that is a big red flag. Also beware of attorney’s who tell you how much your case is worth right away. There are many factors that affect the worth of a case so don’t trust lawyers who throw around numbers haphazardly without knowing the full story.
4. Awards, Verdicts, Recommendations
Now that you have narrowed down a few options, you will want to ask the lawyers about their personal results. After all, you do want to hire the best lawyer for your personal injury case, so you need to know their case history. What is their verdict and settlement history? How many cases have they tried? Do their peers recommend them? What other credentials, or teaching experience do they have? Do they have a good reputation?
Here at the Law Offices of James Matthew Brown, you will always have a personal meeting with Jim Brown – not an associate or paralegal. There is no time limit or charge for the first consultation and Jim will answer your questions to the best of his abilities and provide you with the kind of information you need to assist you on your case. This is a great time to get to know each other, develop a repertoire, and plan how he can best help you.
If you are interested in working with Mr. Brown here are a few key points that set him apart from other firms.
- You will be retaining me because I will be the one working on your case. You will not be pawned off on an associate or a paralegal.
- Fees are all contingency based. If there is no recovery then you owe me nothing. I do advance costs.
- Settlement of Cases: There is risk in going to trial. If the risks of going to trial outweigh settlement, then your case might be one that should settle. The truth is, most cases do settle prior to trial. This means you need a trial lawyer to handle your case even if there is no trial. Insurance companies pay a trial lawyer more to settle cases than it will to a firm that is known in the industry as a settlement firm. Insurance companies and defense firms do their homework. They know who they are dealing with and set their reserves accordingly.
- Trials: If your case needs to be tried in order to get you full justice for the harms caused to you, then you absolutely need someone like Jim Brown. An award-winning trial lawyer who has been trying cases since 1981. Experience is your friend.
Please don’t hesitate in contacting our offices and scheduling your free consultation.