The work environment should allow employees to perform their duties in a fluid and pleasant way. However, some situations occur that affect workers from an emotional, moral, sentimental, and even a physical point of view. One of the most serious circumstances is sexual harassment.
No one should be a victim of this type of abuse, but unfortunately, they do occur. These attacks can happen in different ways, and in most cases, people find it hard to talk about it, or even defend it. Fortunately, California law protects you, and if you feel that you are a victim of sexual harassment lawyer in San Diego, it is essential that you know more about this situation, and what you can do accordingly.
What Is Sexual Harassment?
Any interaction between people in a company that harms sexuality can be harassment. These situations are common towards women, but men can also be victims of this type of situation. In many cases, the attack can even come from a person of the same sex. These are some of the manifestations of sexual harassment:
- Sexual Jokes
- Sexual Comments
- Inappropriate physical contact
- Lascivious gaze
- Indecent proposals
- Inadequate images
- Quid pro quo: A favor or advantage granted or expected in exchange for something
Which Are The Laws That Protect You For Sexual Harassment?
This is a serious offense, which can be considered a type of gender discrimination. Both in the state of California and at the Federal level, the laws are very severe in this regard. The main regulations in San Diego that protect you from sexual harassment are:
- Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964: prohibits any kind of discrimination in employment, including discrimination based on race, sex, national origin, or religion.
- EEOC (Equal Employment Opportunity Commission): its function is to investigate the case, follow up, and resolve it.
- FEHA (California Fair Employment and Housing Act): The California Fair Employment and Housing Act is the primary statute against unlawful discrimination.
What To Do If You Feel You Are a Victim of Sexual Harassment?
The wisest thing to do if you feel harassed is to immediately consult with a high-profile litigator who can help you protect yourself and defend your rights. This type of situation not only affects the work environment but also changes people's lives.
The best lawyers such as James Mattew Brown will assist you in thoroughly analyzing your case, establishing possible responsibilities, and establishing the appropriate lawsuits so that your rights are vindicated, and you receive the fair compensation according to your case.
What Type Of Compensation Can You Receive In Case Of Sexual Harassment?
Each case is unique, and the lawyer will help you determine which claims you can sue. These are the most common:
- Lost wages
- Lost wages in the future
- Compensation for emotional stress damage
- Damages that exceed the simple indemnity & awarded to punish the defendant.
- Your lawyer's professional fees
Do You Need Help? Trust The Best!
If you feel you are a victim of sexual harassment lawyer in San Diego and need support, you have the support of attorney James Mattew Brown, APLC. For more than 35 years, James has successfully handled thousands of personal injury claims, making him one of San Diego's most recognized litigants. Let his extensive experience and the support of his team help you defend yourself and be fairly compensated. Contact us.Sexual Harassment Lawyer San Diego
View Larger Map